Because it’s never a bad thing to look on the bright side. I think I learned that from my Pappap. Or the Care Bears.
1. This song has been getting me through the week. It reminds me of the 80s but also, oddly, the fall of 1999 when I was “goth.” It makes me want to dance with black ribbons while being cautiously optimistic.
2. Crossing the precipice of June. This means that county fair season is about to commence, finally! And Warped Tour is just over a month away!
(I just sat here staring blankly at the screen for a good 5 minutes, so I guess there are less things making me happy this week than I had hoped, haha.)
3. Oh! Chooch! I mean, that’s a given, though, right? Ha ha….But no really, that kid makes me laugh harder than anyone. Yesterday, he was sitting next to me, doing god knows what on my old iPhone, when he oh-so-casually asked, “So um, quick question. When’s your birthday? I just want to know for absolutely no reason.” He was leaning across the couch, propped up on his elbow, looking at me all seriously. I saw through his shit right away though and asked him WTF he was signing me up for. A Discover card! Because it would give him 3,000 stars in Draw Something.
I’m trying not to be morbid and just enjoy every last day I get with her, but I decided that when the time really does arrive, I would like to have a funeral for Marcy. I think having my friends around to celebrate her life will be the only way I can get through it. I told Henry yesterday and he surprisingly didn’t give me a weird look so I guess he understands. I don’t want it to be sad, I want it to be happy because she has provided me with a lifetime of funny memories and she deserves to be celebrated. (Though some of her victims may disagree.) Unless I can get one of the Salvatore brothers to make her immortal. I haven’t ruled that out yet.
5. Naked people driving cars with ballgags in their mouths. Because we saw this yesterday in the South Hills of Pittsburgh and it was really great.
6. Nightmares! I had a really bad one last night. I love a fucking nightmare.
7. Finding a prosthetic hand on my supervisor’s desk! But then it turned out to just be a flesh-colored pocket book. ;(
Well, I guess that’s all I’ve got. It feels like the rainforest in my house and the Pens lost last night. Maybe Henry will buy me something today.