Today’s National Cat Day! Kind of bittersweet for me since in the last three years, our cat family has dwindled from 4 to 1. Marcy was my first cat, and she’s still here. Even at the ripe old age of 17, she still has so much personality and venom in her veins. I asked her to pick out some of her favorite pictures and her response was to carve the letters D-I-E into my face with her eyes alone, so I picked my own favorites.
Some facts about Marcy:
- I got her in the spring of 1998 from a co-worker at Olan Mills. I volunteered to take her in, even though I was raised by a family who were 100% against cats and were Team Dog4l. I had no idea what I was doing but she quickly took over and sometimes it feels like she was the one taking care of me, in her own sadistic way.
- She loves Cool Ranch Doritos.
- She hates everyone but Henry.
- She held Janna and me hostage on the couch one time and it was hilarious and horrifying all at once.
- She hates being pointed at.
- She bullied our other three cats every chance she got, even though two of them were her own children.
- She’s named after the band Marcy Playground. (Come on, it was 1998! John Wozniak was a babe!)
She amazingly lets him get away with so much. If I did this, she’d turn me into a cleft palate commercial.
The Sue Sylvester of cats.
Chooch didn’t have the heart to move her, so he was using a mound of stuffed animals as a pillow until I saw this and hooked him up with another pillow.
She’s always been such a huge part of our family. I don’t know what I’m going to do when my time with her expires. :(