Much to Henry’s inner joy and invisible mirth, yesterday was the third and last day of Riot Fest. It’s also the first day Henry and I fought– we made it so far! Specifically all the way to Rob Zombie’s set where I tried to lose Henry in the crowd like lol ok what is that going to prove.
Anyway, we saw lots of bands so let’s see what Henry hated, didn’t like, and thought was “not too bad.” (Heads up, he was not impressed by anything on Sunday.)
- The Bronx: They were good…? What?
- Frankiero andthe Patience: I liked that too. (He sounded unsure. I don’t think he knows who this is.)
- All Dogs: I don’t remember if I liked them. Apparently not.
- Dee Snider: Eh. Novelty.
- Juliette Lewis & the Licks: Interesting. Not too bad for what we saw before you got hangry.
- A Will Away: I only saw five minutes of them so I can’t make an informative opinion. (He was sitting alone by a fence for their first few songs, looking like an undercover cop.)
- Thursday: I was never a big fan anyway so that didn’t change. (He breaks my heart.)
- Bad Religion: Pretty much the same. Not a big fan anyway.
- Underoath: I don’t know. (He scrunched up his face and made a so-so motion with his hand.)
- Deftones: I only knew their older stuff, so. Not bad. Can’t say I’m the biggest fan. (Well they played mostly old stuff, so…)
- Rob Zombie: From what I heard I liked. (When I left him during Rob Zombie, he was standing by himself– obvi–and said that a younger guy was doing DRUGS next to him, but when he saw Henry, he got nervous and put it away. Like no duh, Henry—it’s because you look like a NARC.)
- Sleater-Kinney: We walked through them? That was it. (Yeah right when they were commending Riot Fest for writing a No Harrassment policy – Henry hates when girls stand up for themselves and get all “lippy about their safety” don’t you Henry the Oppressor?)
- Misfits: I don’t get it.
And now is the time where we ask Henry what his dream Riot Fest lineup would be. Lol, nevermind. Just Ted Nugent.
Out of every band there this weekend, Henry’s favorite was “I don’t know.”
Overall, Henry thinks that Riot Fest “wasn’t a bad weekend. At least it didn’t rain.”
Wow. I feel like a need a fucking butterfly net to catch all those words.