I took a day off work because I have some kind of cold/allergy thing happening (I can never tell the difference) and was so miserable yesterday that Dr. Amber was like OMG STAY HOME TOMORROW. So I did and I’m still sick but also BORED. I absolutely do not know how to rest. I did go back to sleep for an hour after sending Chooch off to school, so there’s that. Progress?
So far today, I have:
- washed three dishes,
- eaten a bowl of cereal because I can’t prepare Korean breakfasts for myself,
- watched some BTS videos,
- called Henry to whine,
- texted Lisa to whine (she’s going to call me later so I can whine out loud),
- watched a compilation video of BIGBANG eating,
- watched a compilation video of G-Dragon laughing,
- played with a packing peanut with Drew,
- groaned a lot, cried to some Balance & Composure which strangely is what I was doing a year ago today according to TimeHop.
It’s not even 11:00am yet!!!
What do you guys do when you’re sick?? Henry goes straight upstairs and sleeps for like 6 days. I can’t do that. I’m just sitting here on the couch, fully dressed, wanting something to do but every time I stand up, I get* dizzy and have to sit back down.
*(autocorrect tried to change “get” to “GD” because I text Henry about G-Dragon so much lol.)
I should probably take some type of medicine at some point. Yesterday, I went upstairs at work to the first aid cabinet thing for generic cold medicine and got one of them stuck in my throat, which was the highlight of Glenn’s work day. Then Wendy walked by and was all, “Aw, because Henry’s not here to crush them up for you?” UGH WENDY.
Then I stupidly said something about never knowing which kind of pill I need and Glenn was all, “they don’t make pills for what you have.” Walked right into that web.
Maybe I’ll make this is a liveblog so check back I guess. I hate today. FUCK YOU IMMUNE SYSTEM.
Now it’s 11:30 and I have:
- Talked to Lisa on the phone,
- Played referee to a cat melee,
- Cleaned up dirt from a succulent pot that drew knocked off the windowsill
- Checked for a fever but I can’t tell because I used the back of my hand and not a thermometer
I want to watch an episode of Boys Over Flowers but Henry will cry if I watch it without him. He won’t watch Walking Dead anymore (he lost interest but it’s probably just too confusing for him) so he laid in bed while Chooch and I watched it Sunday night, then he came back down when it was over and casually mumbled, “Uh, let’s watch Boys Over Flowers.” He’s Team Jun Pyo.
Every time I try to sit up, I fall back down. I want to go outside :(
Now it’s 1:22pm. I have done nothing but watch vlogs about Korea and whimper. THEN THE LIGHTBULB BURNT OUT IN THE LAMP IN THE LIVING ROOM AND I DONT KNOW WHERE HENRY KEEPS THE LIGHTBULBS. So I cried.
I CRIED BECAUSE I CANT DO ANYTHING CAN I?!
- Tried to reheat the leftover ramyun henry made for dinner last night but it needed more ramyun in it so I was like paralyzed in front of the stove trying to cook ramyun and then when it was time to fry the egg, FORGET IT. what a disaster. I am truly sorry that I did that to you, Egg.
- Mistakenly told Henry that I thought I ruined his pan in my egg frying odyssey and he was like MY NEW KOREAN PAN? STAY AWAY FROM MY NEW PAN! OMG I HAVE TO GO, IM MAD. He probably went to blow off some steam by smashing his other foot with the pallet jack. Boyfriend suffers many injuries at the hand of the pallet jack.
- My right eye is not as swollen as it was when I woke up this morning so I look less like Sloth from Goonies but still not Ready For The Public.
- So tired of this couch.
- My right contact had the shape of a coffee filter but I still put it in my eye. But when I inevitably start complaining about going blind like I do bi-monthly, just please conveniently forget this.
- I think my muscles are atrophying.
All I want for dinner is a sun-hahahahaha-daeeeeeeee. A grasshopper one!
- I’m not saying I’m magic but I was listening to Balance & Composure today and crying, as you do when you listen to sad boy music, and then they just announced their spring tour which is coming to Pgh! I’m so excited. Hardly any shows have been coming through here lately that I have been stoked for, which is actually good because I’m trying to save money, but still. I want something to get me stoked! And it’s not like I’ll be seeing BIGBANG anytime soon. (OR EVER.)
- Guess where I am??!! Still on the couch, half-laying down.
- Chooch should be coming home from school soon so I’ll have companionship. UNLESS HE DITCHES ME FOR HIS FRIENDS.
- Chooch never even came home because he went to that godforsaken gaming place with his friend and Henry still isn’t home and I finally moved off the couch and couldn’t stand up straight for almost an entire minute!!!
- Texted with Chris about Enrique & Julio Iglesias and then we changed Henry’s name to Henrique.
- Now I’m watching the video for Miguel’s “All I Want Is You” and having FEELINGS. In 2013, I had a mix CD (seriously a mix CD) that had the entire Downtown Battle Mountain 2 on it and this song, and it spun on repeat in my bedroom for a good five months. No joke – you can ask henry. He wanted to defenestrate himself by week three.
- Honestly how do you people “rest.” I ALMOST fell asleep once today but then I got bored.
- Every time I move, my face leaks.
- Both of the cats dipped out on me a few hours ago so I have been ALL ALONE.
- I tried to clean my room but then I started wheezing so back to the couch for me. :(:(:(:(
Also I watched this video like 88 times because of that 5 second acapello “If You” at the end OH MY HEART.
HENRIQUE IS HOME AND HE BROUGHT ME A GRASSHOPPER SUNDAE! I can’t taste it though :(
- Henry left me again to go pick up Chooch from the gaming place and there is some guy in my driveway talking. In a heart-stopping moment, I thought Boots was back so I legit rolled my ass off the couch and peered out the window but it was just some guy and a dog talking to Hot Naybor Chris.
- Henry just came home and I made him hug me twice BECAUSE IM SO SAD SICK & LONELY.
- I feel worse now. Like a swarm of hornets is nesting inside my forehead.
- HENRY IS THE ONLY PERSON IN THE WORLD WHO I LIKE TO HUG. He’s not honored by this though.
Everything in my sinuses is solidifying and now I feel like I was hit in the face with Henry’s new Korean pan that I did not ruin in my egg-frying odyssey.
What I’ve done since my last check-in:
- Watched a bunch of live BIGBANG videos
- Watched some eatyourkimchi vlogs with Henry.
- Stole a piece of Henry’s pizza and bit into it even though he told me it was hot and now I have a burnt mouth in addition to splitting sinuses.
- Got henry to discuss Kpop. He likes BIGBANG but his review of the other boy idol groups is: “they just like, dance in a V, right?” And then he shrugged because dancing in a v doesn’t impress Henrique the Kpop Judge.
I think we are going to watch Boys Over Flowers now after Henry crushes up some medicine for me. LOL just kidding.
He’ll roll it up in a piece of cheese.
(He just said, “You didn’t take any of this today?!” And I was like “No. I didn’t know what to do” and now he’s acting all disappointed in my lack of independence like this is some new discovery.)