Hi! Apparently this is a Blog Bash! I’m not very social in the blogosphere so I’ve never done anything like this before, but I’ve been trying to be more active in the blog scene, if you will, so I am now going to attempt to play with others.
I’ve been instructed to talk about myself, so here are the pertinents you might want to know if you are new here:
- My birthday is July 30, 1979 (OMG that’s coming up you guys!). That means I’m a Leo, which means I roar a lot. Which means I have an awesome singing voice.
- My boyfriend Henry and I have been together since 2001. We did a REALLY SICK THING which produced a boy named Riley, but everyone calls him Chooch. You can too. He’s 4 now. 4 is the age where kids get the manual on how to be dicks, in case you didn’t know. And if you have a 4-year-old and are disagreeing with this, then I hate you. Can we trade?
- I live in Pittsburgh! I hate it here!
- I hate water towers, power plants/abandoned factories, the ocean, outer space, glaciers, Alaska, Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry, the Steelers, liars.
- I like hockey!
- My past time is stalking people and playing with animal masks. (Yes, in tandem.)
- I like the Cure and most any music that features incessant screaming.
- Annoying people with reckless abandon is sort of my thang.
- I can turn any situation into a study of awkwardness.
- I am a girl!
5.) Let’s hear the story behind your blog title!
My grandma and I have a very illustrious history, full of afternoons reading Dickens together beneath a parasol and light-hearted flour fights during impromptu snickerdoodle bake-offs.
That’s a lie. I don’t know why I typed that just now.
The truth is that I was always the black sheep, that a lot of my actions or ideas shamed my grandma. Even as a small child, when I would fuck up, she would sigh exasperatedly (sometimes even disgustedly while running a red pen across my name on her Will) and say, “Oh honestly, Erin.”
And not a day goes by where I don’t have some extent of an “Oh honestly” moment.
I leave you with obligatory photos of my obnoxious mug: