You know how sometimes people say, “I could really use a weekend doing nothing”? Anytime I try to be like Those People and “appreciate” do-nothing weekends, I end up writhing in psychological agony on the floor, arm flopped over my forehead, etc etc.
Henry was SICK this weekend, and Chooch was “so tired” on Saturday that both of them basically slept the whole entire day and it was RAINING and COLD almost all weekend too so I couldn’t even occupy myself with copious neighborhood walks.
I mean, sure I could have gone like, to THE STORE or something but ew. Why would I.
Anyway, here are some pictures from my stupid boring weekend:
We bought two cans of this fruit ale at HMart last Monday and finally cracked them open Friday night (Henry was only partially sick at that point I guess). I love this beer! Probably because it tasted mostly like white grapes, almost like if white grape juice was poured in a glass previously filled with beer and the glass wasn’t rinsed out first.
Now we have regrets because this would be so good for the not-Xmas party we’re having but we’ll likely have to go to another Hmart to get more and the closest one is like 4 hours away or something. Fucking stupid ass Pittsburgh.
All Penelope wanted to do was sleep her life away on Saturday too and it was so annoying!!
Literally all I did on Saturday was:
- Return a library book / go for a walk
- Start to watch a horror movie but paused it on the opening credits and then never returned to it
- Watched more of season one of The Summer I Turned Pretty because I just binge-read all three books in like 4 days lol.
- Edited pictures
- Designed the invitation to the Not-Xmas party
- Watched a YouTube video about the downfall of the scene kid era and felt so old and also really sad because I miss those days even though I was already old when it started
- Complained a lot about being bored and cold
- Called Henry on the phone to see if he was ever going to wake up and come downstairs
- Henry eventually came downstairs around 7pm!!!! but I was over it by then.
- Did the dishes like 4x
- Did a Paul Eugene Seniors Aerobics workout but thought he kept saying “singers” and I couldn’t understand how this particular workout was designed to help singers specifically get in shape
- Chooch came downstairs eventually that night and took out the garbage. I asked him if he had mono or something and he just gave me a curt “cool” and went back to his lair wherein he continued to be brooding and mysterious for the rest of the night.
- Henry went back to bed around 9pm!!!!
I slept on the couch last night because I didn’t want to deal with Sick Henry making sick sounds during the night. I apparently fell asleep to Disney walk-thru videos playing on YouTube and then woke up with Drew laying on me. We made eye contact like “Disney or GTFO?” so I guess me and Drew are going to Disney sometime soon. Who knows.
It was STILL RAINING when I woke up and I was pissed.
Henry was “feeling better” and actually did stuff around the house, little dumb bitch.
Henry: The Summer I Turned Pretty is so stupid.
Also Henry: *folding laundry at the dining room table and craning his neck to watch The Summer I Turned Pretty*
Penelope still wanted to sleep her life away today.
Chooch started his new job at Chipotle! As usual, he picked a location that is inconvenient, of course he did.
- I went on ONE WALK in the drizzle.
- Henry and I went to one of the Asian markets to get some dry goods for the Not-Xmas party and things he needed to make a batch of vegan kimchi (Henry actually makes pretty good kimchi but it obviously is not authentic!)
- I read some more. I’m reading two books currently and I sincerely hate one of them and should probably just DNF it, in fact yeah – consider it DNFd. Life is too short to waste time on shit you don’t vibe with!!
- I got my absolute favorite KitKat flavor at the Asian market. It’s like, a wheat biscuit / digestive type center, and some type of cinnamon-y white chocolate coating. I first had it about 4 years ago and anytime I see it at the market, I have to have it regardless of the RIDIC price.
- Said “I miss Coaster Crew” a bunch of times while editing pictures.
- Finished season 1 of The Summer I Turned Pretty and cried like a little punk bitch and then screamed because I got tears in my hair and somehow this was repulsing to me. The show deviates from the book A LOT but I didn’t mind it. Laurel is hands down my favorite and I am Team Conrad for fucking ever. I also scream-laughed at the Jenny Han cameo because I have no life.
- Spent time with my squirrels a lot this weekend too!
- Had a strong urge to do another gem painting thing but can’t decide what photo I want to use for it!!!!!!
- Watched two videos on “The VMAs from <insert year> were chaotic” on YouTube., specifically 1995 and 1997. I only vaguely remembered some of ’95 and none of ’97 because I think I didn’t care at that point of my life, but watching both of these recaps made me remember how much I hated Tabitha Soren. She was seriously awful at her job. Then Janna texted me and said Kurt Loder is 78 and the weird thing is that not too long ago at work, Nate Jabbered me about the same thing??!! Kurt my dude, have your ears been burning.
Ok I guess that’s a wrap. My big takeaway from this weekend is that I am truly not good at entertaining myself and being chill. Literally so fucking bored.