Thanks to the Timehop app, I am reminded of the time 5 years ago that I tried to spearhead a new fashion revolution. (I am also reminded that my tweets were way better than they are these days.) Here are the tweets to back it up.
- 2:44PM: Wrapped a polka-dotted scarf around my ankle. Henry said it looks real dumb. Hope it catches on.
- 3:19PM: I hope people will think I tried to slit my ankle.
- 6:36PM: Kim (my supervisor) just pointed at my anklace (HAHA) and said, “What r u trying to be, Sha-Na-Na?” and I died. Except that I still live.
- 6+:36PM: Or ankerchief?!!?
- 6:49PM: Henry, who was 1/2 asleep when I left for work, just emailed me and asked “Were u dressed weird when u left?” IT’S NOT WEIRD ITS AWESOME.
I think that fashion statement needs reinstated.
Other brilliant things that I invented which failed to catch on:
Saying whatevelyn instead of whatev. (I still say this though.)
Referring to the year 2008 as “two thousand double quad, y’all.”
Revolutionary War porn.
The best game ever: Thingieball.
(Apparently, that same day, I was also trying to get kidnapped, but couldn’t decide between an alley at midnight or smeared with the scent of trust fund at a truck stop. God, my life could have been so different right now if I had stopped dreaming and started DOING.)