- If you have never been to Chicago, make sure you research the area your staying in. So when you come back the first night someones not jacked up against a police car outside your hotel room window.
- Make sure you take the proper clothing, ie: Boots, jacket so you don’t have to run out and buy them in a hurry.
- Find a way to and from the festival that doesn’t put your life in danger by seedy so called “Uber” drivers, only to find out on the last day you could have drove and parked 100 yards from where you needed to go.
- Learn to dodge and weave between people with minimal damage to you and others.
- Bring lots of cash, for the girlfriend that wants everything.
- Bring an appetite, the food is awesome.
- Do not be so quick to say “yes we can go” before you actually look in to what riot fest is.
BANDS I DISLIKED (hate is a pretty strong word)
Pianos Become the Teeth – not my style. Like I have a style.
La Dispute – they go along with the other one.
I didn’t dislike as much as Erin thought I did. Maybe it’s just more that I didn’t want to be there.
Seeing the Cure.
IF MY MOM ASKED WHAT IT WAS LIKE, I WOULD TELL HER:
Nothing. She wouldn’t understand.
WOULD I GO AGAIN NEXT YEAR:
I don’t know yet.
THOUGHTS ON ANTHONY GREEN:
I don’t have any.
WARPED TOUR VS RIOT FEST:
BANDS I WANTED TO SEE BUT DIDN’T GET TO:
To summarize, all and all it wasn’t a bad three days, the rain, mud and cold didn’t help me like Riot fest. Though knowing that Erin was the happiest shes been in awhile was well worth it. Will i do it again, too soon to say. I’m sure by January or whenever presale starts ill start getting hounded.